HW: Bedouin Last Night ===

LN1GJT Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Fri Oct 16 12:40:44 EDT 1998

Hi Andy,

There was quite a few good ol' regulars in the crowd at Bedouin then!
Adrian Parr was ther too, as were Colin Wilson/Stuart Barton from "Anomie".

Doug and Eve Smith were there too, and John Chase was taking photos! (John does
a lot of HW photography for covers etc. -  he even designed the cover for
Business Trip)

I eventually got permission from the manager to video the performance, (they
were a bit pissed off letting me do it, as they have their own in-house video
facility, which can be hired for some extortionate fee!), and I suspect that
that was the reason why the lighting was total crap during the set.
Low-intensity red lights come out terrible on video, and "bleed" all over your
telly!  (Just look at the Chaos Vid!) The in-house video operator also being
responsible for the lighting, was probably making sure that most of my film was
un-watchable!  (Not true though - to his detriment - ha!)

Anyhow, having finally packed my gear away,  Adrian and I attmpted to find a
cab back to Kingston, but luckily found the last train to Richmond, running
about a half hour late  -  to our benefit!)

Even though the video is really quite good (except for the middle 15 minutes -
when there is no lighting) I'm not really in a position to copy it.  -  moral
obligation etc.,  but maybe if enough people ask Alan..............!!!

Guy T.