BOC: Scream

Laj Waldner erebus7 at DLCWEST.COM
Fri Oct 16 18:35:52 EDT 1998

John A Swartz wrote:

> >   What does everybody think about This Ain't the Summer of  Love by L7,
> this too I didn't like, I really hated the vocal especially, but then
> again I don't like anything L7 has done,
>
> I'm not familiar w/L7, but about a year ago I did hear this version on
> the radio -- personally, I thought it was pretty good.  A grungier, 90s
> version of the song, but very true to BOC's version.
>
> John

They do perform the song pretty much intact which is nice, and I am glad to
see any band that covers a BOC tune, means more publicity for the Cult, but I
just can't get past the vocal. The best BOC cover I have probably ever heard
would be the Minutemen's Red and Black, I thought they did a great job of
this song, but then again I haven't really heard very many Cult covers. Never
heard THFTR's Reaper which im 99.99999% sure I will like, ordered the disk a
while ago, must still be in mail land somewhere, or the Radio Birdman , or
the Mike Watt rendition of Dominance and Submission which I hear is just
killer. Seems to me that the Cult needs a tribute album, wonder why this
hasn't happened yet. About L7, heard an album a while ago at a party, can't
really remember too much about it, didn't sound too different or exceptional
too me, that's just my opinion though.

Laj.