BOC: Toads Place, New Haven CT (10/16)

brian halligan brianh at PULLEYN.COM
Tue Oct 20 13:50:37 EDT 1998

From: Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 [mailto:tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU]

>> From:          "<Nick English>" <nick at THECAMPUS.COM>

>> Okay...since nobody did a setlist for Binghamton, I think I've got it
>> now. Basically the same as above, but without the following:
>>
>> Take Me Away
>> Astronomy
>> ME262
>> In Thee
>> Lips in the Hills
>> The Red and the Black.
>>
>> Dominance and Submission was the lone encore.

>This is pretty much the set they did at New Hartford [NY], though I'm
>not sure about the encores.  I think they did a cover tune, as there
>was a guest guitarist sitting in.

"Slow Down" with Smokin' Joe Bonamassa. (sp?) There's a pretty cool version
of this song on Brian May's new solo album (no anti-Queen flames, please ;-)

>But they did perform all those
>tunes at that show.  Brian, Torgo, am I right about this?  Maybe they
>didn't do tRatB or ME 262 at that show...

No TMA, ME262, tR&tB, Astronomy (?) and no Joan Crawford.  They did do Od'd
and a couple others though.

OFF TOPIC:
Anyone else pick up the new Sabbath double live?  Opinions?  I like it so
far.  It's polished, but not too much to my ears (Ozzy sings some really
flat notes.)  I love hearing Fairies Wear Boots and Electric Funeral live
too!  Of the new tunes, I love the riff in the middle section of Psycho Man.

Brian
obCD> Black Sabbath "Reunion"

Brian Halligan
mailto:brianh at pulleyn.com
http://home.earthlink.net/~halligan/wicker.html

"We are drawing a moustache on the wanted poster of the face of music."
-Fierce Wicker