SFG "reissue"

jan buddenberg janbudd at WORLDONLINE.NL
Tue Oct 20 17:55:46 EDT 1998

Hello there,

First of all let me introduce myself:

I'm Jan Buddenberg and I live in the netherlands (near amsterdam to make
some of you jealous?:-))
I have seen BOC 5 times sofar (1989 in germany with Kansas, 1992 in
germany, 1995 in london UK, and twice in 1998; london and Koln (germany)
and I simply have to say they are the best band around. To bad they haven't
been to holland since.... eh let me see?  1979 mirrors tour :-((

I have started collecting BOC stuff in 1980 (at which time I was only 11
years young) and have found some interesting stuff since, among which
lately the SFG st cecilia reissue, so i know a little about the following
question:

> This may be a dangerous question to ask, but ... does anyone know about a
> recently-released (apparently, VERY expensive and possibly very limited)
LP
> of Stalk-Forrest Group recordings?

The album contains the st cecilia album (in the same kind of quality as the
spread around boot-tape) and also contains three more tracks which are from
the period between SFG and BOC (preBOC so to speak). Those tracks are:

donovan's monkey (feat. Eric bloom on vocals so no SFG stuff for sure!)
I'm on the lamb but I ain't no sheep (different to the albumversion)
A fact about sneakers (pre BOC track!)

The album is called "The california album" because it was recorded in
California (according to some details mentioned in the mornin final mags.

I have got two copies (which I both intend to keep, I'm sorry to say) but
if you manage to get one I wouldn't hesitate and just buy it for there are
only supposed to be about 500 copies around, and there are some """new"""
tracks on it!!!

> Thanks,

Your welcome,

Jan Buddenberg