BOC: Snippet about Donnington

Michael R Godwin hssmrg at BATH.AC.UK
Wed Oct 21 11:36:02 EDT 1998

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, J. Scruton wrote:
> Leafing through a Kerrang book on AC/DC, it reported that Eric Bloom was so
> unhappy about Albert Bouchard walking out(?) that he through a
> commemorative plaque BOC received on the grass and stomped on it.
> Ah, the maturity of rock performers. Will it ever cease to amaze me?

It's one of my few claims to fame, so let me go on about this again.
Albert actually walked out following an SWU warm-up gig at Dunstable Civic
Hall, which I saw. The result was that the Donnington gig, which was their
first big UK festival appearance, featured a roadie on drums. Apparently
BOC's set fell extremely flat, which is not surprising in the circs, and
Eric expressed himself afterwards by jumping on the plaque. I definitely
used to have a photo of this - whether I've still got it is anybody's
guess.

- Mike Godwin