Moorcock on drugs!

Max Wilcox m.wilcox at UQ.NET.AU
Wed Oct 21 11:48:32 EDT 1998

If anyone wants the complete article and doesn't live in the UK, I have it
as a text file and could e-mail it to anyone who's interested. The published
article may be slightly different to the copy I have on file, depending on
the editors of Time Out. By the by, did they end up using any photos in the
article?

- Max Wilcox

-----Original Message-----
From:   BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU] On Behalf
Of Andy Gilham
Sent:   Thursday, 22 October 1998 1:36
To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
Subject:        HW: Moorcock on drugs!

This week's _Time Out_ (London listings magazine) is one of their periodic
"drugs specials" - what makes this more interesting than usual is an article
by Michael Moorcock.  He writes about Hawkwind: "a band generally considered
the ultimate 'acid head' band.  Which it might have been.  But it was also a
well-rehearsed working band, with coherent principles and questioning, edgy,
urban lyrics."  Also Similin' Mike (of black motorcycle fame), who "lost his
keys and decided to climb to his room, three storeys up.  He almost made it.
When he fell he impaled himself on the basement railings."

But the thrust of the article is how the drug scene isn't what it was, and
how (like everything else) it's all Mrs Thatcher's fault.

- Andy