HW: HawkFairies New CD ?

M S Wright M.S.Wright at READING.AC.UK
Wed Oct 21 13:23:53 EDT 1998

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, Stephen Lindsey wrote:

> Anyone got any info on this ?

It is terrible.

No honest, it is irredeemably poor.

> Just seen it at the rpm records site. Somewhat wary after other comments
> on a previous PinkWind CD (poor sound quality ?)

and poor musical ability, and poor songs, and pointless versions of songs.

> Hawk Fairies- Purple Haze / Members of Hawkwind and the Pink Fairies (also know
> as Pinkwind), recorded live at the
>        Purple Haze Club in 1995; features Nik Turner and Twink, among
>         others..........$15.99

It is quite an old CD. I think there are a couple of HW covers, but they
sound as if the band have barely decided which NT compositions to do, let
alone trying to practice them. Actually this might be a bit harsh, but I'm
not going back to listen to it to be sure.

Mike w

However it was probably me who ranted against it last time, so if anyone
else out there has a different point of view then don't let me put you
off.