BOC: Snippet about Donnington

Peter Greendale peter at FAIRFIELD.KAROO.CO.UK
Wed Oct 21 14:46:18 EDT 1998

massimo rippa wrote:

> J. Scruton ha scritto:
>
> > Leafing through a Kerrang book on AC/DC, it reported that Eric Bloom was so
> > unhappy about Albert Bouchard walking out(?) that he through a
> > commemorative plaque BOC received on the grass and stomped on it.
> > Ah, the maturity of rock performers. Will it ever cease to amaze me?
> >
> > Jason
> >

> Well, what I know of Donnington is that BOC were in quarrel with the
> organization, and broke some plaques of the festival due to  time limitation of
> the concert, and restrictions on the use of lights, effects and H.D. on stage
> What about the maturity of rock promoters?

  I was at this concert and amongst the above problems, BOC were not featured in
the souvineer program for the day, also, I beleive they were excluded from the
official T shirt.
They followed a rejuvinated Slade that day and I'm afrain fell rather flat. There
was a picture in SOUNDS the next week of Eric trashing the plaque and a quote thus,
'the new wave is a crock of shit'
Those were the days..........
Peter Greendale
Hull