BOC: Snippet about Donnington

Peter Greendale peter at FAIRFIELD.KAROO.CO.UK
Thu Oct 22 03:44:38 EDT 1998

Goran Janicijevic wrote:

> Peter Greendale wrote:
>
> > They followed a rejuvinated Slade that day and I'm afrain fell rather flat. There
> > was a picture in SOUNDS the next week of Eric trashing the plaque and a quote thus,
> > 'the new wave is a crock of shit'
> > Those were the days..........
>
> So, what was the problem: Organization, new wave, or Al's departure?
>
> Simplius

  I believe that BOC were in dispute with the organisers/promoter re. marketing. Hence
their absence from souvineers for that occasion. The photo was, as someone else said , a
good oppourtunity for a staged outburst. The 'new wave' comment was I suspect not Eric's
at all (or if it was a quote, it was also 'staged') at that time SOUNDS was in it's HM
phase, unlike a couple of years before, so it stacked up with it's policy of the time.
1981 of course.
It is unclear to me anyway, what the effect of Albert's departure was at this time but
BOC's placing on this bill still mystifies me, it being essentially a 'boogie' bill, and
their placing after Slade particularly unfortunate.

Peter Greendale