BOC: Northern Lights, Clifton Park

Michael S. Habiby corwyn at GLOBAL2000.NET
Thu Oct 22 16:59:42 EDT 1998

Reading the set list from Toads place confirmed my worst suspicions that
we got a shortened set in for our show last Saturday.  When it looked
like BOC were just about to go on, Eric came on and introduced a band
from Suny Albany who did three songs.  Then after more waiting BOC came
on and played.  If any of BOC or someone in the know who reads our list
has any idea whether one of the band members was late to the gig or what
the actual proble was I would sure love to know.  Please copy any
responce to my email box as well   corwyn at global2000.net

Other than that it was a fine show by the way, Buck rocked, Eric looked
great and sounded better, Allan was jamming more than last year (same
place diff name to venue) and the rhythum section was fantastic.  The
drum solo during Godzilla was very very good.   Didn't get an In thee or
a lips but the stuff off of HF was really great, I had heard Harvest
Moon last year so getting a See you in black was a great treat.  The
encores were Joan and The red and black.  Sorry I was too "pissed" to
remember the song order but that is what six beers on a semi empty
stomach will do for you.  The show was sponsored by  102.3 a local rock
station so I assume they are playing cuts as well, but since I dont
listen to that station I dont know.  Ok shoot me, I prefer the
alternative and NPR stations locally.

On a side note for Hawkwind I ran into a canadian guy at a cable
industry convention in Baltimore last week who was from the Manchester
area of England who had seen Hawkwind years and years ago with Lemmy and
couldnt believe that the group was still together.  His booth was
directly across from ours.  The world is very small indeed.

Mike