OFF: Calling Cpt. Cloud/Reviews of A.Lights/Krautrock

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Thu Oct 22 19:20:46 EDT 1998

I was annoyed that I couldn't find Cloud's e-mail address and that I'd have to
contact him publically, but it's just as well, since I think I'll review the
tapes he gave me. First of all, CHUCK--I sent your Lith X-mas CD but it was
returned! I guess you moved. Wanna e-mail me your new address?

As for your tapes, I really about half of it. The biggest highlight is
certainly:
the new Anubian Lights material--fucking brilliant again!! I've got to get
ahold of this. Where do I get it? Is it import or Cleo?
BTW, has anyone noticed that at the very end of "One Eye To The Sky", as it
starts to fade, there's an effect which sounds exactly like, and might even be
sampled from, a sound from the first HW album? I can't really describe it, but
it's kind of an abrasive screech, though lower-pitched than you'd usually
think of a "screech". Which reminds me, I think I heard the exact same sound
somewhere on IItBotFtbD. So who knows, maybe Turner heard this, and sort of
"retaliated"...

The Zappa Guitar stuff--I don't really like this, or any of his extended guit
solos in general. Go figure...

Now onto the Krautrock Blitzkrieg:
Can: My favorites were the tunes from Ege Bamyasi. Obviously that and Tago
Mago are the next ones for me to purchase.
Cosmic Jokers: I think it'll just take time, maybe try it w/the headphones.
Ash Ra Tempel I: Different than the 2nd and 3rd albums, almost even a Sabbathy
vibe at times. Not bad.
Faust IV: Awesome. I used to see this CD at Best Buy all the time, why didn't
I buy it. Now of course that store doesn't stock anything decent anymore...
Well, that wasn't as detailed as I thought it would be. I have lots to do.
Any comments?

Chuck