HW: Help for a paper

J. Scruton js3619 at WIZVAX.NET
Sat Oct 24 12:25:15 EDT 1998

Hey there Hawkgang,

Probably opening up a bag of worms, I'm thinking about writing a paper on
the political interpretations of rock groups -- both in the material they
play and
how they are received, etc. So...obviously Hawkwind falls into that
category of political participants.

What I need though is to be pointed in webdirections for commentary in the
press to that effect, song lyrics (already got "Urban Guerilla,""Hassan I
Sabah," "Uncle Sam's On Mars" from spirit of the p/age.) and any other
helpful things that might be pointed out about Hawkwind's doings on such a
playing field.  I'm fairly new to Hawkwind on the whole; a fan of BOC is
me..  But I do have "Hall of the Mountain Grill."  (Sad story: bought
WotEoT and Space Ritual on vinyl (Just got to, you know?)... but no LP
player. The stopre also had the Sonic Assasins EP w/the skull cover and 25
years on.  Dig this, the MC5's Kick out the Jams LP was 30.00!! zounds!
Glad I got the Fine Elektra cd issuing) But a turntable would be nice first.)

Please email privately, unless of course, it's such a cool thing you want
to point out that the list just has to know/be enlightned by.

Thanks in advance and all that good blanga cheer,

(now there would be a good song "We wish you a blanga  christmas..." hehehe)

Winds of time are blowing through me,
Jason