OFF: Humourless:Was Donnington Question

zeitgeist-scot xzx28 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Sat Oct 24 12:41:59 EDT 1998

At 02:02 25/10/1998 +1000, you wrote:
>> And nothing can convince me that the Comedy Strip were anything but
>> unfunny, middle class, university graduates who should never been allowed
>> in front of a camera.  It may have been funny in front of 100 other
>> undergraduates, but please!
>
>Are you saying you didn't like:-
>Comic Strip Presents
>The Young Ones

Puerile and juvenile

>Bottom

Sporadically amusing toilet humour

>Absolutely Fabulous?????

Complete and utter tripe.  In jokes for overpaid, undertalented luvvies.

>Were they any different from the Oxbridge Footlights crowd when they
>started out?, i.e. Monty Python, Goodies, etc.

Who were also undertalented and overvalued.  Although, to be fair some of
the individual Pythons have had some hilarious moments, and the films in
general were excellent, but the original TV series were dire.  The Goodies
were unmitigated shite and no number of midlife crisis ridden forty
somethings claiming otherwise will convince me otherwise.

>Patrick

NP Borknagar - The Archaic Course
ZEITGEIST E-ZINE & THE RECORD HUNTER
c/o Shamrock Multimedia,PO Box 13499, Edinburgh, EH6 8YL, UK
e-mail zeitgeist at zeitgeist-scot.com
http://www.zeitgeist-scot.com