OFF: Humourless:Was Donnington Question

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Mon Oct 26 10:57:48 EST 1998

> zeitgeist-scot wrote on
> Sunday, October 25, 1998 10:12 PM
> > Derek & Clive and pretty much anything original by Peter Cook, Spike
> > Milligans Q, Seinfeld, Larry Sanders (and The Garry Shandling
> Show), Phil
> > Kay, Bill Hicks, Jerry Sadowitz, Tony Blair, Harry Hill, Mark Thomas,
> Robin
> > Williams when he was still a cokehead etc.
>
> Ok, I'd agree with you there, but not Larry Sanders. So it goes without
> saying that you're a Goon Show and/or Peter Sellers fan?
> (Or not)

Not Seinfeld either. A few others I know nothing of (living in Australia
does tend to cut you off to the rest of the world).

Another thing I should say is that the shows you hated, particularly Monty
Python and The Goodies, were shows that did lose some steam in their later
years, and ended up running past their use-by dates (although the last
series of Monty Python (the first without John Cleese) was suprisingly
better than most that had gone before it. I think they managed to toghten
the sketches to actually make them funnier, unlike previous years when on
many occasions it seemed that they were making it up as they went along!

William