HW: Theta Orionis

Johan Edlundh johan.edlundh at HABO.MAIL.TELIA.COM
Tue Oct 27 23:57:54 EST 1998

At 19:38 1998-10-27 +0000, you wrote:
>At 21:57 23/10/98 -0700, you wrote:
>>>Hi Folks...
>>>
>>>Was just wondering if anyone could tell me what sort of sound quality this
>>>bootleg CD has.
>>>
>>>Thanks...
>>>
>>>Keith H. (FAA)
>>
>>Mostly excellent, although the the live stuff from Cambridge Junction
>>11/11/93 is comparatively crappy.  This baffled me, since there are
>>definitely much better-sounding tapes of this tour out there.......
>>
>>Kevin Sommers
>>

>Hi folks,
>has anyone out there got a copy that plays correctly. Mine appears to be a
>misspress but I didnt bother buying another copy as it is a bootleg and i
>assumed that they would all be preessed the same. Anyhow the CD plays
>correctly up to the end of Terra Mystica (Track 8). Then track 9 listed as
>Space Sex is actually the full version of track 10 Gimme Shelter. Then
>track 10 is  the last 3 minutes or so of Gimme Shelter.
>
>Comments anybody ?.

once upon a time I typed this Theta Orionis comment:

"CD count 8 (Terra Mystica) is a 'vinyl only' release, and the last two
track is the original version from the "Benefit for the Homeless" sessions,
added with the second half of the same track - which is repeated instead of
bringing us the promised Space Sex 'vinyl only' track."

I haven't heard of another version of this boot yet, and still believe there
has been made just one and only run of this item.
Guess the bootlegger himself was more interested in Sam Fox than 'Space Sex'...

-joe