OFF: Klaatu (was groovie sci-fi movie)

J. Scruton js3619 at WIZVAX.NET
Thu Oct 29 22:53:11 EST 1998

At 03:38 PM 10/29/98 -0500, you wrote:
Space rock music by Hawkwind, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Klaatu and others will be
>spun throughout the night and into the morning.

What is the list's general take on Klaatu? I had the strange sensation of
finding 3 Klaatu LPs when I was in college radio and played the track
"Welcome Occupants (of the interplanetary craft)" My spine has never
dcringed as much as it did then. Needless to say, I countered it by hitting
the cart w/ "Scratching vinyl by needle sound" and blasted I'm so bad baby
I dont care... or was it You Better Believe it?     could have been both.
Anyway, did Klaatu ever get any heavier or more inventive after the first
LP (I think the one I played was the first.. it was eponymous after all).

lead us to a 1,001 nights,
Jason