Klaatu (was groovie sci-fi movie)

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Fri Oct 30 10:43:23 EST 1998

> What is the list's general take on Klaatu? I had the strange sensation of
> finding 3 Klaatu LPs when I was in college radio and played the track
> "Welcome Occupants (of the interplanetary craft)" My spine has never
> dcringed as much as it did then. Needless to say, I countered it
> by hitting
> the cart w/ "Scratching vinyl by needle sound" and blasted I'm so bad baby
> I dont care... or was it You Better Believe it?     could have been both.
> Anyway, did Klaatu ever get any heavier or more inventive after the first
> LP (I think the one I played was the first.. it was eponymous after all).

The first LP was a bit too Beatle-ish. The second album, Hope, ignored
trying to sound like the Beatles and was far better. It was an SF concept
album, more in the style of the Moody Blues when they did that sort of
thing.
The third album, Sir Army Suit, was ok but mostly straight forward songs and
styles.
I saw another album by them in a shop once. I've never seen it or heard
anything of it again.

William