Bootleg CD removal from Codex proposed

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Oct 30 12:15:45 EST 1998

Kevin Sommers writes:

> >Undecided
> >---------
> >Damnation Alley (Minneapolis 89 CD boot)
> >Theta Orionis (CD boot)
>
> I'm a bit biased, maybe (probably.........OK, definitely!), but I'd have to
> say I agree.  I do think 'Theta Orionis' should be included, but why is
> 'Damnation Alley' "Undecided"?  I had always assumed that was a very small
> run (~5).

Damnation Alley should definitely be out!
I'm not convinced that Theta Orionis should stay in either.   I agree
that this is about the only one I've ever seen available at record fairs
but surely it is in exactly the same category as all the other bootlegs
and giving this credence in the Codex simply by sure wieght of numbers
when we are excluding others of identical type doesn't really seem to
justfy its inclusion.    I vote against it - if only on grounds of
consistency.

jill

PS: I heard on the news about the fire in Gothenberg.   My sympathies
to all and anyone involved there.
J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk