HW: Rare Flicknife Box?

Johan Edlundh johan.edlundh at HABO.MAIL.TELIA.COM
Mon Sep 7 12:45:24 EDT 1998

At 13:36 1998-09-07 +0100, you wrote:
>Mark Edmonds writes:
>
>> From: Mark Edmonds
>> Date: 1998-09-07 12:49
>>
>> I was looking round my local 2nd hand shop today and came across something I
>> had never seen before.
>>
>> It is a 3LP box containing picture disks of This Is Hawkwind Do Not Panic,
>> Out and Intake and COTBS. The box is black with red type, catalogue number
>> HWBOX01 and I think it was called something like The Hawkwind Picture Log.
>> There was no booklet included.
>>
>> As I have said, I never knew this thing existed so please can anyone give me
>> some indication as to how rare this is - presumably it was a limited edition
>> (limited to how many?)
>>
>> Many thanks,
>
>There were 2000 copies of this done (the first 1000 were numbered - mine
>is not it would seem 8-() .  It was issued by Flicknife in November 1987
>Samurai a year earlier and had been followed by the issue or several of
>the first wave of cheap compilation albums.
>
>To the best of my knowledge it has never been reissued and should be
>original (I paid a lot for mine!) but the box should also contain:  a
>blue square box-sized poster with a black two headed hawk and several
>paragraphs of explanation from Brian Tawn in red printing.   There
>should also be a black vinyl 12" interview disc and a purple badge with
>blue printing "Hawkwind the official picture logbook" to complete the
>set.   If it has all of this then it's complete.

As far as I know the pic disks was never sold separately, which is the
standard ripoff behaviour in the industry - first you buy the pic discs of
album you already have, then you have to buy them again repacked and bulked
in a box.
Bought my copy brand new.

>jill

-joe