HW/OFF: Wot's these??

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri Sep 11 22:20:14 EDT 1998

Andreas helps clear things up a bit...

>> Hi Folks...
>>
>> Was just browsing through on-line catalogues, and saw the following
>> unfamiliar titles....anybody recognise any of these??
>>
>> Eloy - Fire & Ice (perhaps a single/EP??)
>> Alan Davey - Captured Live (EBSSCD 122) - a future EBS release??  (I hope
>> so...I bet these Bedouin guys rock live)
>
>The cat. no. is the one of "Captured Rotation", so I think it´s just misspelt.

Yeah, that seems to be the case.  Too bad.  :(  I think this album *should*
be made in the next year or so, credited to the full band, Beduoin.

>> Dead Flowers - Sweetfish (D31141) - can't be official...a boot/comp??
>
>There´s another probably U.S. band by the same name that´s got nothing to
do with
>the fabulous UK band who don´t exist anymore.

Well, I did manage to find a concert listing for a show by Dead Flowers in
Dallas, TX, but I don't know who these guys are.  The CD in question seemed
to be a European import, so perhaps there's actually three of them.  Here in
Columbus, we have a band called 'Dead Flower Bloom' so I guess it's a common
theme.

>> Hawkwind - Hustle into Bed (STFCD2) - a new boot??  Wasn't on AD's master
>>  list.
>
>????

Well, it seems this mail order catalog has a number of erroneous entries.
I've discovered that the album in question is by a band called
'Delicatessen'.  No relation to Hawkwind.  Some mention of band member(s)
playing with Nick Cave.

>> Nektar - Mooie Ogen - says a 2-track single (never heard of this...something
>>    in the Dutch language apparently).  I'm sure it's not new 'reunion'
>>    material.
>
>Mooie Ogen is dutch and means "beautiful eyes".

With the above errors, who knows what this could *really* be???

I like that title though, but I'm not sure that it's pronounced as I would
think.

Keith H. (FAA)

"Dear Mr. Murdoch, what have you done?
You're not quite as nice as Atilla the Hun."
(Roger Taylor)