BRAIN: Operation Luv a deadringer for another tune?

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Sep 16 11:27:01 EDT 1998

On Wed, Sep 16, 1998 10:05 am -0400 "Jeff Berry" <nexus at PANIX.COM> wrote:
>[Brian wrote:]
>>Vixen may rock, but for my money the best hard rock song by a female
>>band (partly anyway), is "Barracuda" by Heart.
>>Volcano Girls by Veruca Salt comes in a close second.
>
> Hmm, "Pretend We're Dead" by L7, or, say, "Queens of Noise" by the
Runaways.
> (OK, I admit to a liking for the Runaways, I said it.  Now leave me
alone:-)

    Best all-female heavy rock band IMO is easily Misdemeanor
from Stockholm.  They have a raw-sounding but kick-arse 7" out,
and I think have recorded some new material with guys from Fu
Manchu producing.  I also heard a live tape of them which Scott
H. sent me, and it rocked as well.  Very loud, very heavy riff-
driven stuff in that Kyussy vein.  For those that like it,
these ladies are good at it :)

Cheers,
Carl

--