BRAIN: Operation Luv a deadringer for another tune?

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Thu Sep 17 00:17:33 EDT 1998

> >>Vixen may rock, but for my money the best hard rock song by a female
> >>band (partly anyway), is "Barracuda" by Heart.  You can forgive an ex
> >>Zeppelin cover band for ripping off the drumming.  And I think by the
> >>time that song came out the riff was in the public domain... ;-)
> >>Volcano Girls by Veruca Salt comes in a close second.  (I don't
> consider
> >>bands with just 1 female member like tBS or Smashing Pumpkins to be a
> >>female band per se.)
> >>Brian
>
> >Hmm, "Pretend We're Dead" by L7, or, say, "Queens of Noise" by the
> Runaways.
> >(OK, I admit to a liking for the Runaways, I said it.  Now leave me
> alone:-)
> >
> >JB
>
> It's OK.  We all have our guilty pleasures (as evidenced by a previous
> BOC-L thread.) I'd like to hear L7's version of This Ain't the Summer of
> Love.  Helen Wheel's band also does a rocking Shakin' Street.
>
> Brian

Whilst we speak of all things female in rock, may we take a moment to
remember the one who could have kicked all their asses put
together...the one, the only -- Wendy O. Williams. The image of this
insane woman riding atop a flaming schoolbus singing "It's My Life"
will be with me forever. May she rest in peace.

--  Nick