OFF: Re: Advice wanted: PC CD Writers.

sprawl sprawl at BLACKBOARD.COM
Thu Sep 17 18:15:04 EDT 1998

I just recently bought a Hi-Val CD recorder.  Cost me $300 US.
I use my walk-man to feed analog into my aux port.  My pc came with
the standard audio center that comes on most prefab pc's.
Works great for creating wav files, in cd quality.  Also in that package
is an app called Audio-View, which is much better than Cooledit96.  With
this, you can view the wav form, splice, add or remove effects, fade in
or out, etc.
The HV CDR came with cool software.  Can just click record, choose wav,
and record as a *.CDA file.  You can diskcopy, or make a disc by simply
dragging and dropping the files.  It writes the CD directory at the last
step, so you can create (even audio disks) in multiple sessions.

Hint, I also have an app that converts RA or RAM files to wavs.
I would not concern myself with speed in the least.  Mine is r8 (or
maybe r4, I forget,) and w1-2 (can choose speed.)

Hope that helps.
Rj