BOC: E-Bow

Rich Lockwood rich-l at GEOCITIES.COM
Fri Sep 18 09:23:09 EDT 1998

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 wrote:

> > From:          "<Nick English>" <nick at THECAMPUS.COM>
> >
> > What exactly IS an E-Bow?
> >
> > --  Nick
>
> It's a little gadget with powerful magnets inside.  You hold it over
> a string, and the magnets actually make the string vibrate, similar
> to the way a bow makes a violin [cello, etc] string vibrate.  It
> gives you endless sustain.
>
> A most cool effect.  I got one back in '79 when my band was covering
> a lot of BOC tunes, and I could accomplish the Reaper and 'Zilla ebow
> licks with good results...
>
> theo

   And if you're in the UK and you want one, get in touch with "Mad"
Dixie Kidd, at Dixie's Music, Almondbury, Huddersfield, as he's got the
sole license for UK distribution.  (Not sure of the address, but get a
copy of The Guitar Magazine (not arse like Guitarist) and he'll have an
ad in the Wheel and Deal section.  Alternatively, call directory
enquiries and ask for Dixie's Music or DJ Guitars.  Failing that, try
the Rat and Ratchet, Chapel Hill, Huddersfield, where you'll find him
most Friday nights.  Man.)

Look, I don't work for Dixie.

Or Guitar Magazine.  Any more.

:-)

Cheers,

Rich.

**   The only station on the London Underground   **
**  to contain none of the letters from the word  **
**         'mackerel' is St John's Wood.          **