HW: Re: Bedouin gig

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Sep 21 13:23:24 EDT 1998

On Mon, Sep 21, 1998 8:59 am +0100 "Mark P Lee" <MLee at ESPARTO.DEMON.CO.UK> wrote:
> Al opened by pointing out the lack of
> keyboards (bit obvious) but later in the evening we heard a
> couple of people niggling that the set wasn't "spacey"
> enough or "Hawkwindy" enough... I don't beleive they were
> serious criticisms as everybody seemed to have a great
> time, as far as I was concerned it was excellent hear
> the bass man boom.

    Aye aye.  Call me a disgusting purist, but I reckon if Alan
wants synths he should get a synth player! :)  I distrust
music coming from nowhere, and I think its more fun if he
keeps on bassing, rather than stopping to work the synths
every so often.

    Mind you, when Pseudo Sun played Jönköping, Captain Juba
(another righteous Rick player :) had a little noise generator
at the side of the stage which he adjusting by kicking every
once in a while!  That had a certain charm :)

    I expect Bedouin will rock, synths or no synths.

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson