Bass virtuosity...

Hulsebos A arjanh at CS.VU.NL
Tue Sep 22 03:51:22 EDT 1998

On Sep 21,  1:20pm, Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 wrote:

>If you want to go back a ways on bass, my favorite has always been
>Tim Bogert.  He's one of the godfathers of the current lead bass
>style.  He did one album with Jeff Beck:  Beck, Bogert and Appice,
>and he played with Cactus and Vanilla Fudge before that.  Tim is
>absolutely amazing.

Agreed, but BBA had _two_ albums. They've done a tour in Japan, and
some of the recordings of that tour came out as a double lp in '73
(I think). Japanese imports only. The same goes for the CD version of
it. If you like BBA, then do try to get the live album.

I'd throw in Chris Ballew (Presidents of the USA), just for having a
_great_ sound, the best I've heard in a long, long time. Too bad they've
split.

Arjan H