HW: Bring it on Home

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Sep 22 18:02:16 EDT 1998

David G writes:

> Does anyone know if the version of Bring it on Home that is featured on
> Buskers is the same as the version on a strange compilation cassette I
> found in a boot sale?  The cassette is simply called Hawkwind and seems
> to be on Knight records with a release date of 1990.  Copyright is
> credited to Bronze throughout,  but that doesn't seem to tie in with the
> vintage of some of the tracks which span at least 12 years that I can
> identify.  catalogue number is KNMC10017.

This is almost certainly a tape of the Night Riding CD - tracklist:
Silver Machine / Shot Down in the Night / Levitation / Dust of Time /
Motorway City / Masters of the Universe / Motorhead / Bring It on
Home / Angels of Death / You Shouldn't Do That.   See the Codex for
the different versions used in this compilation.   Note however that
although there is only one version of 'Bring It On Home' in the Codex
i.e. this version is identical on all the albums it appears on - the
track on the Buskers album is (from what I remember) quite different.
However the Buskers album doesn't feature in the Codex 'cos it's a
solo album and doesn't count!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk