BOC: Light Speed

Laj Waldner erebus7 at DLCWEST.COM
Sat Sep 26 20:33:34 EDT 1998

Hi all, I was watching Flight of the Navigator, a Disney movie a few
days ago on T.V., ya I was board, anyway the movie is about this kid
from 1978 who gets abducted by this "Star Ship" and he is taken on some
faster than light journey, when he returns to Earth a few hours later he
finds out everybody else has aged 8 years. This is a theoretical term
called Light Speed Theory, and it got me to thinking about the lyric in
Monsters "flew so fast that we grew younger". I don't know for sure, but
I would say they are making a reference to Light Speed Theory, sure
would fit the BOC motif anyway. Speaking of Star Ships just two more
days till the Star Trek DS9 season premier, and for those BOC fans that
are also Trekers do you remember the DS9 episode Visionary, aired
2/27/95, the writer was none other than John Shirley.

Laj