HW: Vinyl

Mark Edmonds edmondsm.brbs at EMS.RAIL.CO.UK
Mon Sep 28 09:28:00 EDT 1998

From: Mark Edmonds
Date: 1998-09-28 14:28

I dug up some old HW vinyl over the weekend, blew the dust off the record
deck and gave it a spin. Anyway, this got me thinking about a couple of
things:

1. What has happened to the planned vinyl release of the EMI Remasters? Is
star_rats still on line to answer this? I would give my high teeth to get
hold of spanking new vinyl of those albums!

2. Who owns Virgin Records these days - didn't they sell out to EMI? If so,
I really hope there is some plan to remaster the Charisma LPs and stick them
on both vinyl and CD. Is the EMI connection right here or was it some other
company that bought Virgin?

Quick trivia question which came to mind after listening to the old LPs:
Which Hawkwind track features repeated use of castanets?

Mark