BOC,BRAIN,HW : Something for everyone?

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Sep 28 11:23:03 EDT 1998

> From:          Bolts of Ungodly Vision <js3619 at WIZVAX.NET>
> Only the Albany gig my lil ole 85 accord can only  make 3+ hour long trips
> once every 1 months:)   Nonetheless, it's about time BOC starts playing
> more where they came from-- I think at rochester they should pay homage to
> the fact that the bootleg EP was recorded there by playing more uncommon
> BOC tunes.  That and "damaged"  that song would warp the dance floor with
> its savage groove.For you who have seen them earlier, is the set list the
> usual: 2,3 from HF and the rest like it always is?

The setlist is a bit different than last summer.  They open with BFY,
thus neatly getting it out of the way and keeping the end of the set
from sagging a bit.  They do SYIB, HM, and LFM from HF.  At the Utica
gig, they did Lips and Flaming Telepaths, a departure from the old
list.  I believe they do Teen Archer occasionally nowadays, that's
why I want to go on successive nights, maybe I can bully them into
doing it once.  I remember being overjoyed with the setlist.  They
kept in great tunes like [TCt]LDoM, Buck's Boogie.  Only bummer was
no Stairway, but I'll make that concession to hear some other good
tunes...

theo