OFF: DCC remasters

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Mon Sep 28 12:43:05 EDT 1998

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Carl E. Anderson wrote:

=> On Thu, Sep 24, 1998 1:55 pm -0400 "Paul Mather" <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU>
=> wrote:
=> > Maybe we need to start a big write-in campaign pestering DCC Compact
=> > Classics to remaster the first three?  If they do even *half* the primo
=> > job they did on _Aqualung_, the results will be beyond everyone's
=> > wildest dreams!
=>
=>     I take it this is something different than the EMI remaster
=> of _Aqualung_?

Yes, most definitely so.  IMHO, the DCC remaster is wholly better than
EMI's (for one, they used an actual master tape, belonging to Ian
Anderson), and the transfer is done with near religious zeal (keeping it
analogue until the very last minute, so it doesn't end up like
over-processed garbage).  The result is a detailed, expansive _Aqualung_
CD that sounds worthy of vinyl!

The DCC remaster is the real deal.  Accept no substitutes!

(I have both CDs, sad to say.  Well, at least the EMI one has those
bonus tracks, I suppose.:)

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD-R: Beatles, 1/30/69 rooftop concert + _Get Back_ LP

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix