OFF: Monster Magnet mentioned on TV (was HW: in Guitar World)

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Mon Sep 28 12:50:57 EDT 1998

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 wrote:

=> This month's guitar World has a mini feature on the gtr player in
=> Monster Magnet.  He makes much mention of HW.  HW fans should read it
=> if you get the chance...

Speaking of Monster Magnet, late Saturday night, I caught the tail end
(last 5 minutes or less) of some TV series which seemed to be a spinoff
from _The Crow_ films.  Anyway, at the end, they made a point of listing
the bands who'd featured in this week's gripping installment.  First up
was Monster Magnet, complete with piccie of the _Powertrip_ album.
Since I didn't see the episode, I don't know which song(s) they played
in the soundtrack.  It's nice to see MM getting some recognition,
though. (Been hearing "Space Lord" on the radio quite a few times
recently, which is amazing, since I hardly ever listen to the radio.
Maybe I've just been lucky?)

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Voivod, _War and Pain_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix