HW/OFF: US Space Rock links map

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Mon Sep 28 17:20:18 EDT 1998

Hi Folks...

Sorry, a little blatant self-promotion...

I've put together a band-logo collage to use as a WWW links device for many
of the 90s space rock & psychedelic bands in the US.  Jerry Kranitz has put
it up on his Aural Innovations page at:

http://www.infinet.com/~jkranitz/space.html

I hope you all find it useful and/or informative.

There are a few artists that don't have their own webpages, or at least none
that I'm aware of.  If you know of any good sites that feature these
remaining bands (I think Black Sun Ensemble, Liquid Sound Company,
Pressurehed, Melting Euphoria, and mushroom are without links at the
moment), let me know.  And if you got any suggestions for other groups that
should/could be added, feel free to email me personally at
henderson.120 at osu.edu.  I intend to update the map every so often.

(On mushroom, the krautrocky band from San Francisco, just two weeks ago, I
had found a nice website at home.wxs.nl/~bborgman/jos/joshome.htm, or
something close to that, and now I can no longer connect to it.  mushroom's
CDs are released on a Dutch label, and it was their website that I had found.)

I'm also thinking about doing similar maps for other areas of the
world...starting perhaps with Scandinavia and then the UK and Germany.  I
may be asking for geographical assistance & suggestions for these countries
soon.

As far as the next issue of Aural Innovations goes, it should be out in the
next few weeks I think.  Jerry has invested in his own personal laser
printer for self-publishing future issues (to avoid disasterous results from
so-called professional printers), and so both the quality and length of the
issues should be continuing to rise.

We've got lots of reviews of new albums, coverage of Strange Daze,
Jonkoping, and WOMAD festivals, cool artwork from Christian, the debut of
our News section, and much more.  I think it's turning out to be a fine
product, and a much needed US complement to Crohinga Well & Ptolemaic
Terrascope in Europe.

Keith H. (FAA)

ObCD:  Dark Sun - Feed Your Mind
ObLiveBand:  Djam Karet (anybody else see these guys??)