BRAIN: Billy Hilfiger in the news

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Mon Sep 28 18:50:51 EDT 1998

Billy Hilfiger cropped up in "The People Column" of my local paper (The
Roanoke Times) this morning, much to my surprise.  Here is the piece:

-----------------------
        Designer Tommy Hilfiger is preoccupied with something more
important than fashion these days.  His brother, Billy, is trying to
beat brain cancer.
        "My last MRI looked great, and I feel good," Billy Hilfiger told
the New York Daily News.
        Hilfiger had brain surgery in December, shortly after his cancer
was diagnosed.  He underwent chemotherapy every four weeks for three
months and then radiation every day during May and June.
        Billy Hilfiger, 42, plays in two rock bands and runs a small
urban landscaping company.
        "When I go to jobs, I meet janitors and other building employees
wearing Tommy jerseys, and they say to me: 'You're Tommy's brother?
Why are you doing this?' They can't believe I like working."

I'm surprised the Brain Surgeons were not mentioned as one of those "two
rock bands."  Go figure.

Cheers,

Paul.

NP: Roy Bookbinder, _Travelin' Man_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix