OFF: Monster Magnet and Hawkwind

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Wed Sep 30 10:20:50 EDT 1998

>To that list should be added the massive rip-off of the riff
>from Hawkwind's "Time We Left" in MM's "Bummer" :)

>Cheers,
>Carl

Which album does Time We Left appear on?  I love the riff to Bummer,
puts me in mind of both Galactic Cowboys and Black Sabbath.  Guess this
is why I've gone head over heels on MM, they got some great riffs on
Powertrip.

This also makes me realize I haven't listend to my Hawkwind discs in a
while, think I'll gyrate some Live '79 tonite...Huw the guitar god!

>obCD-R: Gov't Mule, _Dancing Across the Water_

  >  Eh?  Was ist?

I'd imagine this is a boot tape that Paul recently converted to CD-R
format or perhaps a compilation he put together for himself.

Sadly for the Wash DC area on Dec 31 the Bayou will be shuttings its
doors, no more little club under the bridge in Georgetown.  TYhey have
fallen victim to the developers wrecking ball.  Legendary Pink Dots and
Gov't Mule recently jammed there...can't think of a better venue for the
Mule than the Bayou...

Ghost in the Ruins

Who's gonna teach you how to dance
Who's gonna show you how to fly
Who's gonna call you the all the lame dope smoking slacking little
sucker you are? - Powertrip, Monster Magnet