HW: Live 79 (An invitation to a 1 minute hate)

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Apr 1 06:36:35 EST 1999

> From:          andrew <andrew at DELUMINATE.FREESERVE.CO.UK>

> >Sorry to be nit-picky, but ... Vox Phantoms are guitars/basses (the ones
> >with the bizarre semi-trapezoidal shape, not the teardrop shape), not
> >organs.  The Vox organ models are the Continental (deluxe, 2-tier keyboard)
> >and the Jaguar (budget, 1-tier keyboard, not to be confused with the Fender
> >Jaguar guitar).  And, having played both kind of keyboards extensively (I

Wasn't the Phantom the one that was shaped sort of like a coffin?
Didn't Brian Jones or Keef play one back in the days?  Voxes are
pretty neat guitars.  Made in Italy weren't they?

> As the mighty Homer has been known to say, "D'oh!" Yeah, i was typing
> Phantom and meaning Jaguar (u-huh, just ask Dr Freud about my big cat/ghost
> mix-ups). But what i would really like to know is what manner of a geetar
> is a Starstreamer? On Spacemen 3/solo stuff Sonic Boom is always listed as
> playing one but i've never seen one of the buggers.
>
> andrew

Thought I knew my guitars, but I've never even heard of that one.
Maybe it's fictional, a la Bloom's Stun Guitar?

BTW, I had a friend who, when we were kids, read the liner notes to a
Johnny Winter album, and thought that Johnny played a guitar made out
of steel, because JW was credited as playing 'steel guitar!'  I swear
I'm not making this up!

theo