HW: Live 79 (An invitation to a 1 minute hate)

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Apr 1 10:35:15 EST 1999

>> From:          andrew <andrew at DELUMINATE.FREESERVE.CO.UK>
>
> >Thought I knew my guitars, but I've never even heard of that one.
> >Maybe it's fictional, a la Bloom's Stun Guitar?
>
> I kind of suspected it for a while but then saw other vague, allusive,
> references to one. I don't know about anyone else but just the phrase 'Vox
> Starstreamer' makes me feel good. Or perhaps that's just me being a bit
> spoddy.

Well, with my typically american ethnocentricity, I tend to fixate on
US-made instruments, overlooking a bunch of great Euro-instruments
like Framus, Vox, Burns, etc.  Personally, I like the way 'Burns
Starstreamer' trips off the tongue.  Probably inspired by old photos
of Hank Marvin playing a Burns in the old Guitar Player mags...

Which Vox was the teardrop-shaped one?  Was that the Domino?

theo