HW: the original "Death Trap"

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Apr 2 18:38:32 EST 1999

Doug Pearson writes:

> >If you mean version 2 (see below) then, yes, it should be available
> >on the PXR5 album.
>
> That's the one!  And the PXR5 CD on Virgin has been out-of-print for
> several years now, as I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong!).

True enough - though I think there are still copies around.    Or maybe
I'm thinking of the 12" vinyl which there seems to be copious quantities
available - at least in 2nd hand record stores.

> However, a net search did just turn up a copy in Texas, so I'll be a happy
> camper.  I still don't understand why it never made it onto a compilation
> of the Charisma-era material.  I think that era needs an equivalent of
> 'Stasis' to put all the single sides together in one place.

possibly because it was released under 'Hawklords' rather than
'Hawkwind' and therefore falls in the greyish area when Hawkwind weren't
Hawkwind.  Just a guess but it might make a difference.

jill

ObTimeofYear> Happy Chocolate egg wishes to one and all.

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk