BOC: Naz connection

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Mon Apr 5 01:49:49 EDT 1999

> One quick off topic question: According to the same site, Naz's new
> single "Light comes Down" is currently on the billboard charts at #26.
> Now, I listen to alot of radio at work (when I can wrestle it away from
> the guys that listen to the goat-ropin' music), and I'll be damned if I
> have heard it!!!!!

I'll ask around. My station being alternative, we never play the good
stuff! But I hadn't heard of Nazareth making an impression on any
charts. I think that's pretty cool, but is the new music good? Decent
rock radio is becoming such a rarity these days. I think the recent
wave set in motion by CMC Records could just change that. BOC got a
lot of spins around the country in 1998, and that's nothin' short of
amazing! Now let's get those Brain Surgeons going...

Speaking of...  Hey Al, you ever try to push your stuff onto the
charts? I know that Alternative is probably a dirty word to many on
this list, but the field is so open these days...alt stations play
sooo much different stuff. We spun the hell out of Space Lord. I
think there's a lot of tBS music that could make it if enough people
heard it. And Rolling Stone has had some good things to say about you
guys...

> One last thing, I heard Metallica's version of Astronomy yesterday for
> the first time (Thanks Crow, you rock bro), and my 2 cents is that it's
> probably the best cover ever done of a BOC song. I love it!!

Did you hear it on the radio? I'm dying to hear it myself! I have to
tell you, I think their Whiskey in the Jar is just out of this
world...and that's coming from a real non-Metallic fan.

--  Nick