OFF: That one obscure album.. Conan and others

Andrew A. Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Mon Apr 5 14:27:09 EDT 1999

>Since we are talking about the fantasy genre, has anyone ever seen "Hawk the
>Slayer"?  Very campy, very low budget, great story (IMHO).

Of course.  Jack Palance.  Had some nifty elements, but campy as well,
my favorite is the elf, after being mortally wounded, only moans in pain
when the camera pans across him.

And let's not forget a rate of fire on the bow greater than your average
automatic assault rifle...

Still, when I first saw it (I was like 11 or so) I loved it...