BOC: Naz connection

Torgo Sedler drtorgo at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 6 19:31:07 EDT 1999

Nick English once said.....

---------------------------------
I'll ask around. My station being alternative, we never play the good
stuff! But I hadn't heard of Nazareth making an impression on any
charts. I think that's pretty cool, but is the new music good? Decent
rock radio is becoming such a rarity these days. I think the recent
wave set in motion by CMC Records could just change that. BOC got a
lot of spins around the country in 1998, and that's nothin' short of
amazing! Now let's get those Brain Surgeons going...
-------------------------------

At first I was nervous when I saw BOC on a label like CMC but it seems
like they are doing good things with the bands that sign with them for
the most part. Needless to say I was happy to see the new Nazareth album
on CMC since their last album (Move Me) was absolutely KILLER and it
went nowhere fast and wasn't promoted at all. But yeah, "Boogaloo" is a
decent album, with alot of tunes with "hit potential", yet not TOO much.
There is a review of it now on my web page (see addie in my signature).
It has what I consider one of their all time best songs on it, "God save
the south". A real blusey tune, and Nazareth does blues with a twist
like no other band I know.

I've never heard "light comes down" on the radio, and it blew my mind to
see it listed on the charts. If anyone hears it, please let me know!!!

Nick again (On Metallica' s ASTRONOMY)
--------------------------------
Did you hear it on the radio? I'm dying to hear it myself! I have to
tell you, I think their Whiskey in the Jar is just out of this
world...and that's coming from a real non-Metallic fan.
--------------------------------

A buddy of mine (Crow from this list) made me a super compilation with a
bunch of Metallica and a pile of other stuff. Astronomy really is
excellent. It has a different feel than BOC, certainly heavier, and I
think it's a damn good cover. The only thing I don't like is that they
fade it out when it just seems to be gaining speed for a real end of
song jam. I agree on "Whiskey........" btw, they really did a decent job
with that one as well.

Later kids.....

Torgo has left the building.......
DrTorgo at hotmail.com