Hawkwind trivia, Elf and Hawk

Bernhard Pospiech bernhard.pospiech at HOME.INS.DE
Thu Apr 8 15:35:53 EDT 1999

Hi there

At 19:20 08.04.99 +0100, Adrian Parr wrote:

>Regarding the Hawkwind track 'Quark Strangeness and Charm', >previously
listed as from Stonehenge 1977.
>Yeah, i have doubts it was recorded there, as i do with 'Master >Of The
Universe' and 'Welcome to the Future' from the Weird >Tapes.
>A possible alternate venue for these could be the Sonic Assassins >1977 gig.
>Possible, what does anyone think on this?

For QUARK I do not believe that it was from the SA gig because Robert
Calvert is singing this song and I think that he was a bit "over the top"
during this gig. The song (and RC's singing) sound to "clean" for this
special (and chaotic) gig

I think that MASTER and WELCOME are not from the SA gig as well.
Must be from one of the tours during the year 1977 (maybe Sonehenge)

Bernhard