HW: Hawkwind trivia, Q&S

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Apr 9 06:29:51 EDT 1999

Stephen Lindsey writes:

> I always thought the wierd tape version was from the Top of the Pops
> performance

Eh? What Top of the Pops performance?

They did play The Marc Bolan Show in 1977 but I'm pretty sure they just
mimed to the single, which is why Brock refused to appear.

> As for Paul Hayles, I think I only just made a consious realisation
> that this is a different keyboard player than Keith Hale.  Damn there
> should be some rule that once you have say more than 20 people who
> have been inthe band that when recruiting new members you are only
> allowed to select people whose name is not the same as, or similar to
> other people who have already been in the band (or get them to cahnge
> their name !)

And a rule saying that you can't release an album with a name that's the
same as an album already released.

And a rule mandating penalties for getting the tracklists wrong on an
album cover...

> Cheers, Steve L

FoFP