Wierd tapes - who wants 'em.

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Apr 9 06:49:02 EDT 1999

Keith Henderson writes:

> Colm naively asks...
>
> >Anyone out there willing to burn a copy of these weird tapes onto CD-R and
> >maybe pass them on to unfortunate fans who where too young to know about
> >them when they came out?
>
> Haven't you been paying any attention??  :)
>
> Mike?

I'm still on the case.

> P.S.  BTW, since I've never owned any official copies of the Weird Tapes (as
> it always seemed to be a pain in the ass to order overseas off-line), I
> guess I'm not eligible to receive CD-R's, eh?  But is there a possibility of
> putting in a 'duel' order for the tapes *and* CD-Rs at once?  Is there any
> contact with the folks at Wolden (is it?) about this idea of
> digitally-archiving them?  Could I pay a middleman to make Wolden happy?

I guess I could organise that for the overseas folks though obviously
it'd be more expensive to get 'em sent to me and then sent out again
with the CD's. OTOH it'd be easier for Wolden to copy 'em as a batch
than singly.

I could probably do this and try to arrange a bulk deal with Wolden if
there are enough people wanting 'em to justify the effort. The deal with
Wolden used to be 5 Pounds per tape (times 8 tapes) but with numbers
maybe the unit cost could be negotiated down.

For the sake of research, who'd be interested?

> (Here we are again, eh Mike?  If I had any faith in the postal service (a
> little better today), I'd be more positive.) :)

Ain't that the truth.

FoFP