Golden Void '69-'79

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Apr 9 12:15:42 EDT 1999

Andrew A. Apold writes:

> "extensive liner notes" proclaims the cover.
> 2 discs, $14.95.  "interview w/ Brock" is the last track.
> Worth it?

I've only listened to the the first disc but I think it's well worth
getting for the sound quality if you don't already have the tracks
concerned.    It comprises early grunge Hawkwind (my favourite) and a
good quantity of Calvert material although tastes may vary about Over
The Top.     The package is important because it shows just how much
Hawkwind's style changes from one period to the next.    The second disc
is from the Earth Ritual period - not my favourite - and the Brock
interview is the one long ago from the official log book (or whatever).

I think it's a good package if you want to know more about the band
and their music and you don't want to have to hunt for the individual
releases.    Whether you will enjoy what you hear is impossible to say
but they are all interesting tracks and each has its own story.

jill

> BTW, Jill, apologies, it's on its way again wadded inside
> aluminum foil.  It has apparently been residing amongst the
> mess on the floor of my car.

Thanks!   I wondered whether it had suffered the fate of other postal
packages and vanished forever into the depths of the great mail machine
to be consumed forever.     Sorry about the IMO but no-one over here
would touch it!

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk