OFF: Salman Rushdie c

Mark Edmonds edmondsm.brbs at EMS.RAIL.CO.UK
Mon Apr 12 09:30:00 EDT 1999

From: Mark Edmonds
Date: 1999-04-12 14:30

>I once read that Vaclav Havel's all-time favourite album is _Bongo
>Fury_.  A guy like that can't be all bad... :-)
>Cheers,
>Paul.

Didn't he also try to get FZ as something like "Cultural Ambassador for
the Czech Republic" - can't remember the exact details but didn't FZ lose
out on the deal because an American politician (Baker?) moved in to block
it.

Mark

obCD: Got to plug this one: Jeff Beck's latest "Who Else?". Different
feel to Guitar Workshop but still pretty damn good - just a shame we have
to wait 10 years between albums!