OFF: "Music" CD-Rs

Andy Ball andy.ball at RD.BBC.CO.UK
Thu Apr 15 07:38:30 EDT 1999

For my 2 pence/2 cents worth I also believe this to be true on the "HiFi"
type CD recorders.
At one point the blank disks for these cost about 4-5uk pounds compared to
about 1uk pound for a standard blank CD disk.
However I believe(but not verified) that you can fool some of these writers
by inserting the more expensive disk in the machine, and then just before
hitting the record button, manually force the disk tray open(At your own
risk!)and then replace the expensive "music only" disk with a normal CDR.
The writer will then write quite happily.
By the way, I would be interrested in the set of HW Wierd tapes. Just one
idea: Has anyone asked Wolden studios(or whoever has the tapes) if they
could make them available on CDR in the first place?
Regards,
Andy