WAY OFF:Re: Urban Legend (one more reason to be paranoid)

Max Wilcox m.wilcox at UQ.NET.AU
Thu Apr 15 10:58:26 EDT 1999

        The amount of LSD, one of the few common chemicals that is measured in
micrograms, as opposed to strychnine which is measured in milligrams,
that would be required to make such an infusion would be huge. Which is
one problem with this thing. Furthermore, the amount of LSD required to
coat a telephone pad would be huge, coupled with the fact that telephone
buttons are (to my knowledge) not composed of absorbent material - would
make this quite a feat. Why someone would mix huge amounts of a
comparatively expensive psychedelic with the strychnine is beyond me,
when they could be taking it or selling it.
        File this story with the "they always put strychnine in LSD, which is
why you get tight muscles during tripping" file. Must say, though, I
always get a kick from these things. I mean, why on earth would someone
send it? Surely no one would believe it?
        Oh well, back to my phone...

- Max