WAY OFF:Re: Urban Legend (one more reason to be paranoid)

Andrew A. Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Thu Apr 15 12:52:21 EDT 1999

>        The amount of LSD, one of the few common chemicals that is measured in
>micrograms, as opposed to strychnine which is measured in milligrams,
>that would be required to make such an infusion would be huge. Which is
>one problem with this thing. Furthermore, the amount of LSD required to
>coat a telephone pad would be huge, coupled with the fact that telephone
>buttons are (to my knowledge) not composed of absorbent material - would
>make this quite a feat. Why someone would mix huge amounts of a
>comparatively expensive psychedelic with the strychnine is beyond me,
>when they could be taking it or selling it.

The whole thing is fake.  Check out www.snopes.com if you want documentation
of how fake it is.

Yeah, pretty expensive "gang initiation rite".  Not to mention it would be
something with almost no chance to show bravery or guts, and would also
probably dry up if someone didn't use the phone in minutes.