OFF:HW:COMICS

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Fri Apr 16 14:10:33 EDT 1999

At 14:34 16/04/99 +0100, you wrote:
>There are a series of CD compilations put together by comic writers (and
>artists) and on the one by Savage Pencil there is a High Tide track, grom
>Gutbucket I think. Proof, if proof were needed, that HW and comics are
>intimately related. Has anyone got Gutbucket? What label is it on? Where
>can i get it?
>
>Mike w

"Gutbucket" was a UA/Liberty sampler album from about '71 - a bit like the
more famous "Rock Machine" series from CBS or Island's "You Can All Join
In"/"Nice Enough To Eat"/"Bumpers"/"El Pea".  It never even seemed very
common at the time, but you might find it trawling through second hand
racks - I think it had a photograph of a pig eating from a bucket on the
cover.  I can't remember who else had tracks on it, though there's probably
something by the Groundhogs, maybe Man or Help Yourself since they both
recorded for Liberty/UA in those days....happy hunting.

ChrisW

Free your mind & watch your ass!